Saturday, September 19, 2009

Welcome To My Blog

USDA Food PyramidImage via Wikipedia
Diet.  The very word conjures up negative images.  While most people associate the word diet with denying yourself of some food and drink for the purpose of losing weight, in reality, diet really is more about the food and drink you consume on a regular basis.

I am a man in my late 40's.  Currently, I am not the heaviest I have ever been, but I am perilously close.  For a few weeks I have been telling myself that I really do need to lose some weight.  About a week ago, two things took place that made me finally start my quest to shed some tonnage.  First and foremost, I got tired of feeling crappy all the time.  Second was when I split the seat out of a pair of pants.  I am pretty sure that I caught my pants on something and that caused the tear, but the thought that it just might be my big behind was a concern.

Earlier this week, I weighed in at 226 lbs, about four pounds shy of my previous high.  In the past, I have always felt pretty good at around 200 lbs.  According to the weight charts and body mass index, I should weigh between 155-175lbs.  I have two goals right now.  There are currently 15 weeks left in 2009.  If I could lose 1.5 lbs per week, I could be at 200 lbs by the end of the year.  If I can make that, then I want to shoot for around 180 lbs by summer and try to maintain that weight.

While I do intend to touch on my weight loss adventure on this blog, the title of the blog is Dickster's Food & Diet Blog so I intend more to focus on the food aspect.  I have spent most of my life in the retail food industry.  I intend to review food items that I find that I particularly have enjoyed, recipes that I like, and any food and nutrition news that I come across in my travels.  Feel free to join in the journey.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails