Sunday, May 9, 2010

PF Chang's General Chang's Chicken

Yesterday, I went to visit my parents to drop off some vitamins that I ordered for my mother.  While we were there, my father told me about a new line of PF Chang's frozen entrees for two that they found at their local Giant grocery store.  I decided to check my local Giant to try to find them there.  The store had yet to cut them into the frozen food section, but fortunately I know the frozen food clerk, and he was able to find several in the frozen store room.  I decided to buy the Shrimp in Garlic Sauce and the General Chang's Chicken.  You can see all their varieties at their website.

Our original Mother's Day plans were canceled at the last minute, so I decided to prepare one of the PF Chang's entrees for dinner.  I let my wife decide which one she wanted, and she chose the General Chang's Chicken.  It is described on the package as "Battered white meat chicken with a sweet chili sauce, broccoli and red bell peppers."  The sweet chili sauce was tasty and had a bit of a zing to it.

Preparing the kit is about as straightforward as it gets.  You pour the contents of the package in a non-stick skillet and cook it for about 13 minutes.  The kit does not come with any rice, so if you want to serve the dish over rice you will need to cook your own.  The package contained plenty of meat, nice size pieces of brocolli, strips of red bell pepper, and frozen cubes of the sauce.  The PF Chang's entrees are a little more expensive than the Wanchai Ferry product that I had tried previously, but the sauce makes the difference.  Give the PF Chang's a try for a nice dinner for two, ready in less than 15 minutes.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. PF Chang's entrees changes so it is going to affect many people. Thanks for providing such information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Chinese frozen food I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails