Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kraft Deli Deluxe Bacon Cheddar Slices

One day last week during my daily commute, I heard a radio commercial for new Kraft Deli Deluxe Bacon Cheddar slices.  My immediate thought was that would make for a pretty good grilled cheese sandwich.  When I was a kid, my mom would sometimes put a slice of bologna between two slices of cheese for a bologna and grilled cheese sandwich.  Bologna was good, but now we are talking about bacon.

So when I set out to do my weekly grocery shopping on Sunday at my local Giant, one of my goals was to find the coveted Bacon Cheddar slices.  Much to my chagrin, they were not carrying it as of yet.  On Monday, I left early feeling a little under the weather.  Under the weather would be an understatement, I have been fighting a major bout with the flu.  I decided to stop at the local Safeway to pick up a few things to deal with my illness.  They had the cheese.

Like I said, I have been having a major battle with the flu.  For the past four days, all I have been to do is lay in bed and drift in and out of sleep.  I have had very little desire to eat anything.  However, today was the first day that I really felt like having something other than saltines and ginger ale.  So tonight for dinner we had the bacon cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches.  It was as good as I had hoped.  If you like grilled cheese sandwiches and bacon, pick up a pack of Kraft Deli Deluxe Bacon Cheddar slices.  You might want to hurry, no telling how long they will be around once the FDA starts regulating salt.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails